Thursday, February 19, 2009

In It Together

As we grow up, we dream of what life will be like as an adult. We design the perfect life and career in our minds when asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I honestly don't recall what my childhood dream career was. I do know the path I am on now surpasses my wildest dreams. The ministry.

This week I had the opportunity to reconnect with some very special people. We are graduates of Southwestern College in the ministry. We have diverse duties in our jobs, live in different cities/states, have different visions for ministry, have different views on the "church"...etc. Despite our difference, something very indescribable happens when we gather. These special people spark something in me that no one else ever has before. Our guards are down. We share our fears, struggles, joys, and visions. We share the gifts we see in each other. We support one another. We keep each other accountable. We worship together. We pray together. We cry together. We debate together. We experience the love of Christ together. We have witnessed each other's growth and maturity in Christ.

This is not a moment for me to re-live my "college days". Ha! My college days were FAR different than today! Through our distance apart, we are doing life and ministry together.

At the end of the week...we go our separate ways to serve and do the ministry God has called us to do. We are joining God in the mission field of everyday living. Some of us are married. Some live with friends. Some live alone. We can always count on each other to understand no matter what. My one selfish desire is to be able to take them with me :)...to be able to bottle up the feelings during our few short days together for the days I need it the most.
For this post I'm sharing lyrics to a song we did during worship by Vineyard Music called "Surrender" and pictures of these special people. I felt this to mean more than sharing the funniest moment, blessing, prayer, and song of the day.
I'm giving You my heart, all that is within
I lay it all down, for the sake of You my King
I'm giving You my dreams, laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride, for the promise of new life
And I surrender all to You, all to You
And I surrender all to You, all to You
I'm singing You this song, I'm waiting at the cross
All the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You, for the glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain
And I surrender it all to you, all to You





2 comments:

  1. How fortunate you are to have such special people in your life! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I know you have had a really meaningful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie, I hope you know how very special your friendship is to both Claire and I. I cherish anytime I get to hang out with you, and I love Builders in Ministry if for nothing else as an excuse to see you all and revel in just how good God is. It is us who are blessed by you as well:)

    ReplyDelete